Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Find your passion!

Since I drank more than my fair share of beer last night, I thought today was going to suck. However I found it to be quite enjoyable. I noticed a few things today. Number one, I like my classes a whole lot. I look forward to going to class. In one of my classes we have people who just randomly talk during lecture. Old me wouldnt have cared one bit. However, new me finds myself engrossed in my lecture, so much so that when my prof addressed the issue, I became upset because he stopped. Another thing I noticed is that my profs really, truely enjoy their content. My oceanography prof was going on and on about microscopic phyto and zooplankton today. He was so into it, it was actually quite inspiring to see. Her is a man who gets excited about talking about tiny living organisms and the role they play in ocean floor sediments. In my biodiversity class, my prof was also full of enthusiasm. If you spend 5 minutes in his lectures you soon find out what a conservationist he is. He too gets excited talking about science, ecology, and ecosystems. He was especially inspiring when he began talking about fishing... man does he love fishing.

Anyhow, I had to turn in some hw at my oceanography prof's office, and as I was talking to him, he mentioned that I was doing well in class. I was happy because obviously I like to do well, but I was also glad that he noticed. I told him that it was probably because I like the class a lot, which made him smile and say that he was glad there was one other that finds it interesting. I couldnt help but leave the building and driving home in a good mood. The day was rounded out by a pretty good training session with the academy kids and a decent workout.

So before I hit the sheets, I cant help but feel in a sort of philosophic mood. I feel pretty cliche saying this but I will say it... Find your passion in life and do anything and everything you possibly can to enjoy it. It will make your life much more enjoyable. You really only have one life to live, so why bother doing something you dislike or even hate? Im glad I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do. I seem to be headed in the right direction...at least as of this point in my life. Everythings good! Go out and do what you love! I love you all (even if no one reads this) and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment