Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A few new things....

Sooo an update since last posting.... I have begun to take salsa lessons, which are fantastic. Myself and three other friends are newly exposed to the world of salsa and part time merengue. Thursday nights are what I look forward to the most during the week now. We found a place in south Toledo, down from where my gma used to live. They offer lessons for 5 bucks. I have to admit that it seemed a bit shady at the time, but we met some really friendly and really nice people.

On a different note, my request has finally been fulfilled. Scolari is out as manager of my mighty blues.... and thank god for that. At first thought I believed it was a quick decision. The man had no coached a club team in years, so why put him in charge of the richest club (the the time) in the world. His bogus excuses after his termination are retarded. He blamed a distance between himself and the players and players going behind his back. Some of that maybe true, but I just feel he wasn't cut out for the EPL. I think he is a decent coach, but not a tactician. He can not change tactics mid game and I believe ultimately, that was his downfall... that and his severe lack of discipline and his loose training styles. Guus Hiddink is a decent replacement, I am undecided as to how much I like him in the manager position.

Continuing onward, I have learned to hate my climate change class. I think my profs are dumb and unconcerned with actual learning. They do not even interact with us, even though it is online, they could still interact. All they do is post one question for us to respond to and thats it. They may help with problems here and there, but otherwise, the class is a joke. I can read a book quite easily on my own. I think most of the students would benefit more from interaction. Instead, they post outside readings, and chapter readings (some of the week's material may have over 50-100 pages of information) and then quiz us over 20 random questions they make up. These questions can be from anything we were required to look over that week. That is complete and absolute horseshit.

As a challenge to myself and from my friend Jenny, I have opted to give up facebook for lent. Some may not know that I enjoy challenging myself with certain ideas, but I do. I enjoy physical, emotional, and mental challenges like these, just to test my abilities. Not to mention, it is a good way to keep from getting way too attached to something.... I am not a facebook addict, I dont care what anyone (Jenny) says. She is an addict herself.. She is addicted to peanut butter and jelly and track 4 on repeat. I say she should have to cut those out instead of her beloved french fries....

Speaking of french fries, I am going to get myself a shamrock shake from Mcdonalds.... quite possibly the best creation ever. Its like holiday crack for st. pat's day and I need to make sure that i pick one up before they disappear.

I recently went to the doc to figure out some stomach troubles. She (is a quack) said that it appears that I am lactose intolerant... which if it is really true, makes me wanna cut out my stomach and get a new one. I really dont believe her because I eat yogurt, ice cream, and drink milk during the day and have no problems. It is only at night that my stomach feels like acting up. (asshole).

No comments:

Post a Comment